FIFTH ANNUALMETC/NIEHS TRAINING GRANT RETREAT
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (tentative)
UW-Arboretum Visitor Center
- 9:30 a.m.
Registration, Poster Set-Up, Coffee/Bagels
- 10:00 – 10:05 a.m.
Welcome & Introductions
Adnan Elfarra, Training Grant PI
- 10:05 – 10:20 a.m.
Thomas Albert, PhD
UW-Madison, MET Alumnus (2000)
Vice President, Nimblegen Systems
TOPIC : Current Job Duties and What Made Me Competitive For VP Position
- 10:25 – 10:40 a.m.
Colin Jefcoate, PhD
UW-Madison, Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology
TOPIC : Starting and Sustaining a Research Group in Tough Times
- 10:45 – 11:00 a.m.
Vladimir Spiegelman, MD, PhD
TOPIC : How Current Research In Lab is Relevant to Environmental Health
Poster Session & Lunch
- 11:05 – 11:15 a.m.
Student Announcements (SLC & Regional SOT)
- 11:15 – Noon
Enjoy coffee while viewing and discussing the research of students funded on Training Grant. (See List Of Posters Below)
- Noon – 12:45 p.m. Lunch
Enjoy catered lunch with morning speakers, faculty, and peers
Lunch: Meat and Veggia Lasagna, Tossed Salad, Dessert, Beverage
- 12:50 – 1:50 p.m.
Nancy Kerkvliet, PhD
Oregon State University
Environmental & Molecular Toxicology
Title: TCDD: An Environmental Immunotoxicant Reveals a Novel Pathway of Immunoregulation
- 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Trainees Have Roundtable with Keynote Speaker
Will be approximately a dozen posters displayed
- Ashley Brinkman
- Aminoflavone and the Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor : Potential Therapeutic Applications in Breast Cancer
- Amy Irving
- A rat model of colon cancer reveals zones of enhancement of tumor multiplicity by vitamin D
- Adam Mastrocola
- Defining the Role of FUS in the DNA Damage Response
- Justin Bushkofsky
- Diet Coordinately Affects Expression of Multiple Hepatocyte P450 Cytochromes by Processes that are Highly Sensitive to External Cyp1b1
- Brian Johnson
- Elucidating the Role of the Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor in Vascular Physiology
- Monica Yue
- Exploring sox9a as a potential target for developmental TCDD toxicity in zebrafish
- Fred Boehm
- Methods for identification of expression quantitative trait loci in breast cancer
- Ashley Poenitzsch
- miR-340; A Tumor Suppressor in Melanoma?
- Ashleigh Theberge, PhD
- Microculture enables efficient steroidogenesis assays
- Taryn James, PhD
- Molecular Targets of Phytoestrogens in Breast Cancer in Vivo
- Kristina Blanke
- Prevalence and Functional Characterization of Non-coding Polymorphisms in the Cytochrome b5 / NADH Cytochrome b5 Reductase Detoxification Pathway
- Amanda Branam
- R-spondins Promote Prostatic Bud Formation and Protect Against Budding Inhibition Resulting From TCDD Exposure
- Shaina Johnson
- Sox9b plays a role in mediating 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) induced cardiotoxicity in the developing zebrafish embryo