MET alum Dr. Jordan Sand (PHD ’10, Verma Lab) spoke with MET program manager Ezra Mauk to discuss his career journey and some exciting new projects that he is working on. After graduating from MET, …October 24, 2023
Dr. Christy Remucal, MET faculty affiliate and associate professor of civil and environmental engineering, and environmental chemistry and technology, is an aquatic chemist who focuses on processes that impact the fate of organic chemicals, including …June 15, 2023
MET faculty affiliates Drs. Wei Xu and Nihal Ahmad were elected as fellows of the American Association for the Advancement of Science. Dr. Ahmad was recognized for his work in cell cycle regulation in cancer …June 1, 2023
MET Faculty Affiliates Dr. Kristen Malecki and Dr. William Murphy were both recognized for their accomplishments and received WARF Named Professorship Awards for this recently completed round of nominations. Dr. Malecki, an associate professor in …May 25, 2021
- More MET news
4th-year MET doctoral student Noah Carrillo (lab of Vincent Cryns and Richard Anderson) spoke to MET program manager Ezra Mauk about his research and experience in the MET program. Noah passed his preliminary examination in …September 19, 2023
New MET faculty affiliate Dr. Heather Barkholtz spoke with program manager Ezra Mauk about her educational/career background as well as her research goals and advice to graduate students. Dr. Barkholtz joined MET in May 2023. …June 8, 2023
MET alumna Debra Garvey (PHD ’19, Ahmad Lab) spoke with Mark Marohl, describing her time in the program and what she’s been up to since she graduated. Dr. Debra Garvey (PHD ‘19, Ahmad Lab) transferred …May 14, 2021
Brandon Bocanegra (MS ’20, Cryns Lab) entered the MET Graduate Program following a summer in the MET-SROP under Christopher Bradfield. He successfully defended his MS thesis in late June and has since moved to an …August 3, 2020
Folagbayi (Fola) Arowolo (x ’20, Shanmuganayagam Lab) has been affiliated with the Tox Center since 2012, when he worked in the lab of Dr. Jess Reed for the MET-SROP. Having just completed his six-month meeting, …December 9, 2019
Kyle Wegner (x ’19, Vezina Lab) will defend on December 20th. He has been on the job-hunt and looking for a job within industry. Between writing, applying, and interviewing, he interviewed with Anne Turco to …December 9, 2019
- More Profiles posts
Recent MET Milestones
- 11/09/2023: Ashleigh Tindle (Lab of Lauren Trepanier) successfully passed her preliminary exam.
- 08/30/2023: Monica Ridlon (Lab of Kimberly Keil-Stietz) successfully passed her preliminary exam.
- 07/26/2023: Serena George (Lab of Kimberly Keil-Stietz) successfully passed her preliminary exam.
- 12/06/2022: MET congratulates Charles Olmsted (Lab of Katrina McMahon) on the conferral of his doctorate degree.
- 12/02/2022: MET congratulates Patrick Schwartz (Lab of Sean Ronnekleiv-Kelly) on the conferral of his doctorate degree.
- 11/30/2022: MET congratulates Yong-Seok Song (Lab of Nader Sheibani) on the conferral of his doctorate degree.
- 09/21/2022: Noah Carrillo (Lab of Vincent Cryns and Richard Anderson) successfully passed his preliminary exam.
- 09/16/2022: Chamia Chatman (Lab of Erica Majumder) successfully passed her preliminary exam.
Professor, Comparative Biosciences
Hanson Laboratories, AHABS
608 / 890-3235
Assistant Professor, Neurology
Medical Sciences Center
608 / 262-9730
Ezra Mauk, Program Administrator
Graduate Program Manager
6152 Medical Sciences Center
608 / 263-4580