Professor in Medical Microbiology & Immunology
4303 Microbial Sciences Building
Research Interests:Molecular medical mycology — cellular and molecular basis of immunity to medical fungi; genetics of virulence; molecular mechanisms of pathogenesis
2008 WARF Named Professor
2008 SPAR Senior Investigator Award
2005 NIH MERIT R37
- Klein BS, Tebbets B. Dimorphism and virulence in fungi. Curr Opin Microbiol. 2007 Aug;10(4):314-9. Review.
- Nemecek JC, Wüthrich M, Klein BS. Detection and measurement of two-component systems that control dimorphism and virulence in fungi. Methods Enzymol. 2007;422:465-87.
- Krajaejun T, Gauthier GM, Rappleye CA, Sullivan TD, Klein BS. Development and application of a green fluorescent protein sentinel system for identification of RNA interference in Blastomyces dermatitidis illuminates the role of septin in morphogenesis and sporulation. Eukaryot Cell. 2007 Aug;6(8):1299-309.
- Gauthier GM, Safdar N, Klein BS, Andes DR. Blastomycosis in solid organ transplant recipients.
Transpl Infect Dis. 2007 Dec;9(4):310-7
- Cutler JE, Deepe GS Jr, Klein BS. Advances in combating fungal diseases: vaccines on the threshold. Nat Rev Microbiol. 2007 Jan;5(1):13-28. Review