Professor in Civil & Environmental Engineering
115 Water Science and Engineering Laboratory
Research Interests: Use of advanced chemical analysis and air pollution sampling techniques to understand the chemical composition of source emissions and atmospheric pollutant concentrations.
- M. A. Robinson, Z. G. Liu, M. R. Olson, and J. J. Schauer. 2015. The effects of emission control strategies on black and brown carbon emissions from a modern heavy duty diesel engine. Journal of the Air and Waste Management Association. In press.
- A. M. Villalobos, F. Barraza, H. Jorquera, and J. J. Schauer. 2015. Chemical Speciation and Source Apportionment of Fine Particulate Matter in Santiago, Chile, During High Pollution Seasons. Science of the Total Environment. In press.
- S. Kulkarni, N. Sobhani, J.P. Miller-Schulze, M.M. Shafer, J.J Schauer, P.A. Solomon, P.E. Saide, S.N. Spak, Y. Cheng, H.A.C. Denier van der Gon, Z. Lu, D.G. Streets, G. Janssens-Maenhout, C. Wiedinmyer, J. Lantz, M.S. Artamonova, B.B. Chen, S.A. Imashev, L.G. Sverdlik, J.T. Deminter, B. Adhikary, A. D’Allura, C. Wei, and G.R. Carmichael. 2015. Source Sector and Region Contributions to BC and PM2.5 in Central Asia. Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics. In press.
- W. Huang, J. Baumgartner, Y. Zhang, Y. Wang, and J. J. Schauer. 2015. The Chemical Composition and Source Apportionment of Air Pollution Exposure in Rural Chinese Women Cooking with Biomass Fuels. Atmospheric Environment. In press.
- S. H. Hamad, J. Heo, J. J. Schauer, and A. K. H. Kadhim. 2015. Seasonal Trends in the Composition and Sources of Fine Particle Carbonaceous Aerosol in Baghdad, Iraq. Atmospheric Research. In press.
- J. Heo, B. de Foy, M. R. Olson, P. Pakbin, C. Sioutas, and J. J. Schauer. 2015. Impact of Regional Transport on the Anthropogenic and Biogenic Secondary Organic Aerosols in the Los Angeles Basin. Atmospheric Environment. In press.
- B. de Foy, J. J. Schauer. 2015. The Origin of High Particle Number Concentrations Reaching the St. Louis – Midwest Supersite. Journal of Environmental Science. In press.
- M. H. Bergin, S. N. Tripathi, J. Jai Devi, T. Gupta, M. Mckenzie, K. S. Rana, M. M. Shafer, and J. J. Schauer. 2015. Source Attribution of the Discoloration of the Taj Mahal due to Aerosol Deposition. Environmental Science and Technology. In press.
- S. E. Sarnat, A. Winquist, J. J. Schauer, J. R. Turner, and J. A. Sarnat. 2015. Fine Particulate Matter Components and Emergency Department Visits for Respiratory and Cardiovascular Diseases in St. Louis. Environmental Health Perspectives. In press.
- A. M. Villalobos, M. O. Amonov, M. M. Schafer, J. Jai Devi, T. Gupta, S. N. Tripathi, K. S. Rana, M. Mckenzie, M. H. Bergin, J. J. Schauer. 2015. Source Apportionment of Carbonaceous Fine Particulate Matter (PM2.5) in Two Contrasting Cities across the Indo-Gangetic Plain. Air Pollution Research. In press.
- J. J. Schauer. Design Criteria for Future Fuels and Related Power Systems Addressing the Impacts of Non-CO2 Pollutants on Human Health and Climate Change. 2015. Annual Reviews in Chemical and Biochemical Engineering. In press.
- Z. Sijan, D. S. Antkiewicz, J. Heo, J. J. Schauer, C. Sioutas, and Martin M. Shafer. 2015. An In-Vitro Alveolar Macrophage Assay-Based Method for the Assessment of Inflammatory Cytokine Expression Induced by Atmospheric Particulate Matter. Environmental Toxicology. DOI: 10.1002/tox.21961. In press.
- S. Wittkopp, N. Staimer, T. Tjoa, T. Stinchcombe, N. Daher, J. J. Schauer, M. M. Shafer, C. Sioutas, D. L. Gillen, and R. J. Delfino. 2015. Nrf2-related gene transcription levels are associated with traffic-related air pollutant exposure in elderly subjects with cardiovascular disease. Journal of Exposure Science and Environmental Epidemiology. In press.
- A. Winquist, J. J. Schauer, J. R. Turner, M. Klein, and S. E. Sarnat. 2015. Impact of ambient fine particulate matter carbon measurement methods on observed associations with acute cardiorespiratory morbidity. Journal of Exposure Science and Environmental Epidemiology. doi:10.1038/jes.2014.55.
- S. H. Hamad, J. Heo, J. J. Schauer, and A. K. H. Kadhim. 2015. Seasonal Trends in the Composition and Sources of Fine Particle Carbonaceous Aerosol in Baghdad, Iraq. Atmospheric Environment. 100, 102-110.