Associate Professor in Entomology
537 Russell Labs
Research Interests:Ecology and management of insects of commercial and fresh market vegetable crops.
To meet the current and emerging challenges of Wisconsin’s commercial and fresh market vegetable growers and producers. Lab Website
- Huseth, A. S., K. E. Frost, D. L. Knuteson, J. A. Wyman, and R. L. Groves. 2012. Effects of Landscape Composition and Rotation Distance on Leptinotarsa decemlineata (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae) Abundance in Cultivated Potato. Environ. Entomol. 41(6): 1553-1564.
- Sisterson, M.S., Thammiraju, S.R., Lynn‐Patterson, K., R.L. Groves, and K.M. Daane. 2010. Epidemiology of diseases caused by Xylella fastidiosa in California: evaluation of alfalfa as a source of vectors and inocula. Plant. Dis. (submitted for publication 29 November 2009: Manuscript PD‐11‐09‐0780‐RE).
- Son, Y., R.L. Groves, K.M. Daane, D.J.W. Morgan, R. Krugner, and M.W. Johnson. 2010. Estimation of feeding threshold for Homalodisca vitripennis (Hemiptera: Cicadellidae) and its application to prediction of overwintering mortality. Environ. Entomol. (submitted for publication 15 December 2009: Manuscript EN‐09‐747).
- Sikuljak, T., J. Chen, R.L. Groves, and A. Lawson. 2010. Seasonal detection and occurrence of Xylella fastidiosa in green sharpshooter (Draeculacephala minerva Ball.): a potentially important vector of almond leaf scorch disease. J. Econ. Entomol. (accepted for publication, 9 October 2009: Manuscript EC‐09‐185).
- Morsello, S.C., Groves, R.L., Nault, B.A., and Kennedy, G.G. 2010. Weather‐based regression models explain temporal variation in the number of tobacco thrips, Frankliniella fusca (Thysanoptera: Thripidae), captured on sticky traps during spring in North Carolina and Virginia. (In press, J. Econ. Entomol.).
- Morsello, S.C., A.L.P. Beaudoin, R.L. Groves, B.A. Nault, and G.G. Kennedy. 2010. The influence of temperature and precipitation on spring dispersal of Frankliniella fusca changes as the season progresses. Entomologia Experimentalis et Applicata 134:260‐271.
- Son, Y., Groves, R.L., Daane, K.M., Morgan, D.J.W., Johnson, M.W. 2009. Influences of temperature on Homalodisca vitripennis (Hemiptera: Cicadellidae) survival under various feeding conditions. Environmental Entomology. 38:1485‐1495.
- Ledbetter, C.A., Chen, J., Livingston, S., Groves, R.L. 2009. Winter curing of Prunus dulcis cv ‘Butte,’ P. webbii and their interspecific hybrid in response to Xylella fastidiosa infections. Euphytica. 169:113‐122.
- Krugner, R., Groves, R.L., Johnson, M.W., Flores, A.P., Hagler, J.R., Morse, J.G. 2009. Seasonal population dynamics of Homalodisca vitripennis (Hemiptera: Cicadellidae) in sweet orange grees maintained under continuous deficit irrigation. J. Econ. Entomol. 102:960‐973.
Mentor to METC Graduate Students:
- Justin Clements (Current)